The Surprising Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin
Vitamin C’s reputation for maintaining natural immune support is no secret. But, did you know that vitamin C also offers benefits for total body health including your skin?
Using vitamin C for skin health provides you with powerful antioxidant support. This is particularly helpful for maintaining the balance of free radicals.
Continue reading to learn how vitamin C can be a helpful component of your skin care regimen, which fruit pairs perfectly with vitamin C for skin support, and the top vitamin C-rich foods you should add to your healthy diet for optimal skin health.
How Does Vitamin C Help Your Skin?
Vitamin C helps the skin inside and out. It all depends on how you use it. Many skincare formulas include vitamin C as it has been found to help maintain a radiant, glowing complexion. To complement your topical vitamin C application, you can also take high-quality vitamin C supplements.
Other than helping keep your immune system functioning at its best, vitamin C offers the following benefits for your skin’s health and beauty:
- Vitamin C can help keep your skin looking youthful and glowing. The powerful antioxidant properties of vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals in your environment. Keeping free radicals in balance can stave off the oxidative stress that does not support your skin’s radiance.
- Vitamin C can help keep your skin looking and feeling firm. Vitamin C supports natural collagen synthesis which can help you maintain the strength and suppleness of your skin.
- Vitamin C can help support your skin’s natural healing process. By neutralizing free radicals and supporting collagen synthesis, your skin’s healing process can continue to function properly.
How to Get the Most Out of Vitamin C for Skin Health
While vitamin C is a powerful skin supporter on its own, when paired with grapes, its antioxidant powers can’t be beaten. The seed of grapes in particular contain potent antioxidants that help to amplify the free radical neutralizing properties of vitamin C. Together, grape seed and vitamin C can help protect your cells from oxidative stress so you can continue to look as young as you feel.
The easiest way to reap the skin health benefits of vitamin C and grape seed is to use a nutritional supplement that provides both. When you choose to supplement with this powerful antioxidant duo, you can enjoy these additional benefits:
- Healthy blood circulation can help keep your skin looking glowing and vibrant.
- Optimal collagen synthesis will support the structure and texture of your skin.
The Top Vitamin C-Rich Foods to Support Beautiful Skin
When your goal is to preserve your skin’s natural youthfulness, you need to fuel up your healthy diet with foods that are abundant in vitamin C. Thankfully, many of these foods are delicious, simple to prepare, and easy to find in any local grocery store.
Support your natural glow by eating more of these vitamin C-rich foods:
- Red bell pepper
- Brussels sprouts
Guava and papaya may be a bit more challenging to find depending on where you live. Focus on the foods you can find and add plenty of those to your daily diet. Keep in mind that whole foods are always the best choice, so choose whole fruits over fruit juices.
Support Strong, Supple Skin With USANA Proflavanol C100
The power of grapes and vitamin C come together in USANA Proflavanol C100. This potent antioxidant formula delivers a skin-supporting blend of 200 mg of grape seed extract and 600 mg of vitamin C from USANA’s proprietary Poly C blend. This formula was designed to provide a longer-lasting dose of vitamin C for optimal benefits. To support a sunny complexion from within, take USANA Proflavanol C100 daily with a side of orange slices.